The Yamaha DX-100 Frequency Modulated Synthesizer can be considered the Yamaha DX-7’s little brother. It features four Frequency Modulated Operators which could be channeled through one of eight Algorithms. For anyone who was ever interested in discovering FM Synthesis, the DX-100 was the perfect Synthesizer to learn with. The Metasounds included within this package bring out the best of what a 4-Operator FM Synthesizer can accomplish. Patches include many of what made FM Synthesis so famous; 80’s Retro Basses, FM Tine sounds, Modulated Special Effects, and many sounds that no other Synthesis other than FM could even come close to re-producing.
Yamaha DX-100 Package Contents
- Michael’s custom DX-100 480 Patch Sound Bank Library in 20 system exclusive file format sound banks, including many public domain Patches as an added bonus.
- The SendSX 32 bit version 1.21 System Exclusive Transfer Utility, (PC Only)
- Sound documentation (this document)
- The Yamaha DX-100 Owners Manual
- The Yamaha DX-100 FM Programmers Data Sheet
- The Yamaha DX-100 Preset List Sheet
Yamaha DX-100 System Exclusive set up instructions
Before sending the Metasounds System Exclusive Format files to your DX-100, please follow the directions below to enable your DX-100 to receive System Exclusive Data. Please make the following Parameter changes on the DX-100 Synthesizer Front Panel:
- Button 12: Memory Protect
- This function turns the DX-100 memory protect function on or off. When this function is selected, the LCD will read either:
M. Protect: on, or M. Protect: off
The -1 or +1 buttons may be used to switch between the memory protect being on or off.
- Button 2: MIDI ON – OFF
- This function turns transmission and reception of MIDI data. Before sending any System Exclusive Data make sure this is set to ON. The -1 or +1 buttons may be used to switch between MIDI being on or off.
- Button 3: Channel
- This function is used to set the desired MIDI Receive or Transmit channel for System Exclusive Data. Make sure to activate this parameter to OMNI receive mode to ensure reception of System Exclusive Data. The -1 or +1 buttons may be used to switch to this mode.
- Button 5: Sys Info
- This function turns transmission and reception of MIDI System Exclusive Data ON or OFF. Make sure this is set to ON. The -1 or +1 buttons may be used to switch to this mode.
If you are unsure about changing the above settings, please consult the Yamaha DX-100 Owners Manual which is included.
Sound File Summary of Terms
The files below are provided free and as is, (previously offered by me through Metascape Media for $5.00), no warranty or support implied or otherwise. You must agree to the END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT PDF Document below before downloading the provided .zip archive. The archive is also password protected. To gain the password, please leave a personal “thank you” message within the “comments” section below with a valid email address so that I may provide the archives password for you.
This ensures a proper count of the users who download, and use these sounds. Your email address will NOT be used for any other purpose than to gain the archived password. Thank you for understanding, and I sincerely hope you enjoy making music with my sounds, and the various included sounds within the package. I would also love to hear your work using these sounds, but that’s completely up to you. You’ll have my email address, link me to your creative genius anytime
Sound File Download
Yamaha DX-100 Video Demo
SendSX 32 bit V1.21 is Copyright 1997 – 2001 Florian Bomers
The Yamaha DX-100 Owners Manual, Data Sheet, and Preset Sheet are Copyright 1986 Yamaha Corporation
All new Yamaha DX-100 sound banks Copyright 2014 Michael Lyon