The ULTRAPROTEUS RAM bank of sounds you are about to use is a very powerful example of how sophisticated this synthesizer really is. All of my programming techniques were used to push the ULTRAPROTEUS sound architecture to its limits, giving you a fresh new palette of sounds that no other synthesizer on earth can imitate. The Z-plane filters and function generators that make this synthesizer so unique, is the heart and soul of this power to give a new kind of musical expression never before available. To use these sounds to their maximum potential I’ve made using real-time, note-on and foot controllers easy to manipulate during performance.
Ultraproteus Package Contents
- ALL RAM Ultraproteus sound banks system exclusive file, (includes all presets, hyper presets, and Midi maps in one file).
- 128 RAM preset bank system exclusive file.
- 128 Hyper preset bank system exclusive file, (dependent on the RAM preset bank).
- 16 Midi Map Special Effects preset bank, in separate and single system exclusive files, (Midi Maps dependent on both RAM, and Hyper preset banks).
- The original E-MU Ultraproteus ALL RAM Factory sound banks system exclusive file.
- The Complete E-MU Ultraproteus ROM Card Collection
- The SendSX 32 bit version 1.21 System Exclusive Transfer Utility, (PC Only).
- Sound documentation (this document).
- Scanned Sound List
- Scanned Data Sheet
- E-MU Ultraproteus Owners Manual
- The E-MU Ultraproteus Original Advertisement and Specification Sheet
Ultraproteus Controller and System Exclusive set up instructions
All sounds are assigned on your Ultraproteus as follows:
- Controller A is assigned to #01: modulation wheel or lever
- Footswitch #1 is assigned to #64: sustain pedal
- Mono and poly key pressure are both assigned to the same destinations so no matter what keyboard you’re using you’ll never experience a change in pressure timbre! To make sure your ULTRAPROTEUS is assigned to the proper controllers, and is able to receive Sysex messages, simply press the MASTER Button, and turn the data entry knob until it comes to:
01 00 00 00
- Make sure it looks like the above read out. (You can assign BCD any way you like just make sure that A=1). Then turn the data entry knob until you find:
FOOTSW CTL# 123
64 11 00
- Make sure it looks like the above read out. Then turn the data entry knob once more to find:
- Make sure it is ON
If you are unsure about changing the above settings, please consult the Ultraproteus Owners Manual which is included.
Sound File Summary of Terms
The files below are provided free and as is, (previously offered by me through Metascape Media for $15.00), no warranty or support implied or otherwise. You must agree to the END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT PDF Document below before downloading the provided .zip archive. The archive is also password protected. To gain the password, please leave a personal “thank you” message within the “comments” section below with a valid email address so that I may provide the archives password for you.
This ensures a proper count of the users who download, and use these sounds. Your email address will NOT be used for any other purpose than to gain the archived password. Thank you for understanding, and I sincerely hope you enjoy making music with my sounds, and the various included sounds within the package. I would also love to hear your work using these sounds, but that’s completely up to you. You’ll have my email address, link me to your creative genius anytime
Sound File Download
E-MU Ultraproteus Video Demo
SendSX 32 bit V1.21 is Copyright 1997 – 2001 Florian Bomers. By using Send SX, you are required to purchase a license either by fee, or postcard. For newer versions of SendSX, for product support, and to view more information about how to receive a license please visit: http://www.bome.com/midi/sendsx/
The Ultraproteus Owners Manual, Specification and Advertisement sheet, and Factory sound banks are Copyright 1994 – 2007 E-MU Systems Corporation.
All new Ultraproteus sound banks Copyright 2014 Michael Lyon