I just wanted to let everyone know I’ve had the chance to update a couple of resources with new material. The Ensoniq Mirage, and Yamaha DX-100 Downloadable Sound Files I have available. The updated material includes:
- Yamaha DX-100 Schematics
- Yamaha DX-100 Service Manual
- Yamaha DX-100 Voice Programming Guide
- Mirage Parameter Reference Card OS v3
- Mirage Starter Guide by Peter Sansom
- The Ensoniq Mirage Advanced Samplers Guide
- The Ensoniq Mirage DSK Service Manual
- Transoniq Hacker #039 (Sound Process OS Edition)
- Mirage Links.txt (OS Tools & Resources for your Mirage)
- –> Follow the links provided for hidden treasures 😉
There have also been a few issues reported that the Mirage Disk Writing Utility wasn’t loading properly, and after experimentation, have discovered how to correct this.
The Mirage Tools Version 1.0 Disk Writing Utility was coded for 32 bit systems, but will work on a 64 bit system by performing a little trick. I currently use Windows 8.1 – 64 bit. What I did is found the command prompt program “cmd.exe” in the: “C:\WINDOWS\system32” folder.
I then copied and pasted it to the folder mwrite.exe was located, then “dragged and dropped” mwrite.exe directly into cmd.exe and it opened perfectly. So if anyone is having this issue, try that, it should work.
I wanted to thank Ted Tudor, Jason Champion, and the great people of the Facebook Ensoniq Users Group by helping to add more resources within these archived updates for everyone.